Ich on clownfish?

mattaeus

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2541.jpeg

Sorry for the quality but he wasn’t staying still for pic and this was taken super fast.

I noticed the spotting on the tail while cleaning the glass of the aquarium and took pic where I can see all the white sprinkled spots on the fins.

Moved both clowns to a small 2G QT as an urgent measure since I have tuxedo urchin, clam, and anemone in the tank and can’t medicate in there.. started 0.3ml of fritz coppersafe and will continue increasing 0.3 every day until I reach PPM for therapeutic dose.

Just looking to confirm what I’m dealing with.
 
I can confirm that your dealing with ich, try the copper treatment and if your clownfish is not improving in health I would recommend seachem metroplex, is a powder that you put on the food that helps treat internal and external parasites and the treatment can be done for a week or longer depending on the fishes condition, hope my advice helps you out
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new