Ich quarantine

bstaton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the mistake of not quarantining new fish and now one of my fish is infected with ich. I’ve done lots of research on quarantine and it’s all so complicated. If anyone could give me a 60 day quarantine schedule I would greatly appreciate it.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no 60 day schedule. It's all fish that were exposed, in therapeutic levels of copper, for 30 days, after the last visible spot disappears. Tank stays fallow for either 76 or 45 days depending on which source you believe.

You aren't quarantining now. It's too late. Now you're treating.

OP
OP
B

bstaton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no 60 day schedule. It's all fish that were exposed, in therapeutic levels of copper, for 30 days, after the last visible spot disappears. Tank stays fallow for either 76 or 45 days depending on which source you believe.

You aren't quarantining now. It's too late. Now you're treating.
Sorry, should have made my post more clear. I’m going to move all fish to a quarantine tank. I was just wondering about what im supposed to do after I dose copper at a therapeutic level for 30 days. Do I keep dosing copper until my fallow period is over? Or do I just ramp levels down and keep the qt and stable levels until my fallow period is over.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back