Ich, velvet, or brooklynella

TheoneandonlyME

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 of my fish died (coral beauty and gramma) for unexpected causes. One of clowns laying on the bottom so we took to lfs. Just realised pther clown has white spots. Dont want for him 2 die. The parameters are fine, maybe salinity a little low 1.023 but everything else is good. Didnt quarantine fish bc im stubborn. 50 gallon, not reef and i have a clown (whitespot) and firefish in rn. Sorry for bad pronunciation but this is an emergency and its 9:03 so lfs are closed. No copper medication at my house. Idk if you can see the white spots on the vid.

Attachments

• 20220930_210705.mp4
    35.8 MB
OP
OP
TheoneandonlyME

TheoneandonlyME

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 of my fish died (coral beauty and gramma) for unexpected causes. One of clowns laying on the bottom so we took to lfs. Just realised pther clown has white spots. Dont want for him 2 die. The parameters are fine, maybe salinity a little low 1.023 but everything else is good. Didnt quarantine fish bc im stubborn. 50 gallon, not reef and i have a clown (whitespot) and firefish in rn. Sorry for bad pronunciation but this is an emergency and its 9:03 so lfs are closed. No copper medication at my house. Idk if you can see the white spots on the vid.
Also water conditions are very good

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can’t really see spots but assuming you have parasites, you will want to get a quarantine tank running
Treatment will be coppersafe or general cure
If coppersafe, maintain therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 for a full 30 days and monitor level with a reliable copper test kit such as Hanna brand, not api and also monitor ammonia levels during treatment also with a reliable test kit

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video doesn't play and without a visual, diagnosis is about impossible.

Things you Can do.

Test everything. Very good is not a parameter. Run the full test regime and report your numbers please.

Increase aeration in the tank. A bubble and powerhead aggressively breaking top water tension is not overkill..

Post clear pictures under white lighting.

Count respiration per minute and report back.

OP
OP
TheoneandonlyME

TheoneandonlyME

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t really see spots but assuming you have parasites, you will want to get a quarantine tank running
Treatment will be coppersafe or general cure
If coppersafe, maintain therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 for a full 30 days and monitor level with a reliable copper test kit such as Hanna brand, not api and also monitor ammonia levels during treatment also with a reliable test kit
I kind of rushed this tank and dont really know a lot about what you said exept for quarantine tank and copper. I dont have an extra tank lying around or rodi water so it will take until morning but until then my lfs will prob open and they have a lot of quarantine tanks so i can put the clown there. Will test also

OP
OP
TheoneandonlyME

TheoneandonlyME

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video doesn't play and without a visual, diagnosis is about impossible.

Things you Can do.

Test everything. Very good is not a parameter. Run the full test regime and report your numbers please.

Increase aeration in the tank. A bubble and powerhead aggressively breaking top water tension is not overkill..

Post clear pictures under white lighting.

Count respiration per minute and report back.
For testing first i have to find it in the mess that people call a garage so ill report soon with that. Also moving powerhead really high so it breaks tension. Breathing seems fine and normal swimming. Im not good with figuring bpm so ill find diff songs with diff bpms (100,110 etc...) And report later. Also a pain to take a photo with my height but ill try my best. Ill report in a bit.

OP
OP
TheoneandonlyME

TheoneandonlyME

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For testing first i have to find it in the mess that people call a garage so ill report soon with that. Also moving powerhead really high so it breaks tension. Breathing seems fine and normal swimming. Im not good with figuring bpm so ill find diff songs with diff bpms (100,110 etc...) And report later. Also a pain to take a photo with my height but ill try my best. Ill report in a bit.
And i also use api tests if thats a problem

OP
OP
TheoneandonlyME

TheoneandonlyME

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JUST CHECKED UP STAYING ON BOTTOM ALMOST NOT MOVING

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set a 1 minute timer on your phone, and bounty the breaths per minute ..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I kind of rushed this tank and dont really know a lot about what you said exept for quarantine tank and copper. I dont have an extra tank lying around or rodi water so it will take until morning but until then my lfs will prob open and they have a lot of quarantine tanks so i can put the clown there. Will test also
A starter aquarium kit at Walmart has most of the essentials needed to get started and cheaper

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Fresh RO water dip will help.

Its simple and safe for most of the fishes.

Take (in a glass or black bucket) 1 or 2 gallon fresh RO water (no salt), put a bubbler to aerate and make sure the container is covered and not too cold or warm. Put the fish in freshwater with bubbler on for 3 min and if all is well keep the foshes for 2 more min (total 5 min). No more than 5 min and put fosh back in tank.

The fish may act dead in fresh water ... just turn them thru bubbler so they are forced to breath the fresh water ... they may panie and jump so keep the container covered.

Check the remaining water with flash kight for flukes or parasites...

This shud help fish symptomatically.

OP
OP
TheoneandonlyME

TheoneandonlyME

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fresh RO water dip will help.

Its simple and safe for most of the fishes.

Take (in a glass or black bucket) 1 or 2 gallon fresh RO water (no salt), put a bubbler to aerate and make sure the container is covered and not too cold or warm. Put the fish in freshwater with bubbler on for 3 min and if all is well keep the foshes for 2 more min (total 5 min). No more than 5 min and put fosh back in tank.

The fish may act dead in fresh water ... just turn them thru bubbler so they are forced to breath the fresh water ... they may panie and jump so keep the container covered.

Check the remaining water with flash kight for flukes or parasites...

This shud help fish symptomatically.
Ok. My rodi system is a tad slow and he looks like a lost case so 0.25 gallons should do the trick. I dont have a bubbler so ill try and areate as much as i can

OP
OP
TheoneandonlyME

TheoneandonlyME

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk how well you could see it but its the best i can do. My light is on as white as it can go.

Attachments

• 20220930_220942.jpg
    20220930_220942.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
TheoneandonlyME

TheoneandonlyME

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out i do have some rodi water exept its totally frozen. Need a way to heat it up. Clown is not looking good.

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok. My rodi system is a tad slow and he looks like a lost case so 0.25 gallons should do the trick. I dont have a bubbler so ill try and areate as much as i can
0.25 gallon is better than nothing.. but have the bubbler so the water does not runnout of oxygen

OP
OP
TheoneandonlyME

TheoneandonlyME

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no bubbler so im gonna create bubbles by having a filter throw water from on top= a lot of splash= air circulation

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back