Royal Gramma Ich/Velvet/flukes

TSOPTC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon all,

So I'm relatively new to this but have had a fluval evo for 6 months with no issues what so ever, so far.

I've just set up a water box 60.2 and currently have a Royal Gramma and Purple Fire Fish, noticed on Tuesday that the Gramma was not coming out as usual with the Fire Fish so fed them, came out and looked a bit beat up, no fin tears but slight discolouration on the purple section.
Same again yesterday and today, noticed today that the mouth seems almost brown and like a human scab which I've never seen before, there are some very small white ish spots which makes me think Ich at first but I'm not 100%, can anybody shed any light? (Sorry pictures aren't great but he's very skittish).

Purple fire fish shows no sign of anything.

I'm in the lucky position that there is only 2 fish in there with no clean up crew or corals and I have a 10 gallon I could use as a QT (but for selfish reasons this would be a big step back and 3 months with nothing in DT, having said that I want the best for my fish and the future of the tank).

What's the way forward? Leave it a couple of days or act now?

Hope that's enough info and thanks for any incoming help!

PXL_20240118_200012600.jpg PXL_20240118_191827078.jpg PXL_20240118_193334347.jpg PXL_20240118_191842586.jpg

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

I'm no expert with fish diseases, and I'm sure others will offer more help, but I would encourage you to repost your question in the fish disease forum. There are some members there who are very, very knowledgeable with fish diseases. Good luck!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ask this in the disease forum. There are some really good folks over there.

There might be some physical damage around the mouth, but I do not see any diseases. I am not really all that good at this, so please find smarter people to offer their opinions.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 79 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back