Ick maybe?

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea if this is ick? Also how can I treat this with NO QT and invertebrates in my reef tank, crabs and shrimp, bubbletip anemone, bunch of coral, sand sifting star and a urchin.

Screenshot_20210430-162532_Gallery.jpg

N3mo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like ich, if it gets worse and starts to look like rune dusting all over the fish where its velvety in appearance it could be velvet.

Best to feed foods high in proteins and nutrition to hell fish build up immune system and slime coat.

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding a 3 part mix right now, occasionally I toss some flakes in, did 0 research on food just going based on what the fish store said. Any good or trash food? Lol

Attachments

• 20210430_173611.jpg
    20210430_173611.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 39

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding a 3 part mix right now, occasionally I toss some flakes in, did 0 research on food just going based on what the fish store said. Any good or trash food? Lol
Nothing wrong with marine cuisine imo. They make another called "emerald entree" this would be better for the tangs.
If you are able to, I'd suggest ordering some seachem vitality from amazon. Soak the food in some of this prior to feeding and it will assist the fish with fighting the ich. It is just a mixture of amino acids and vitamins for fish.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea if this is ick? Also how can I treat this with NO QT and invertebrates in my reef tank, crabs and shrimp, bubbletip anemone, bunch of coral, sand sifting star and a urchin.

Screenshot_20210430-162532_Gallery.jpg
That’s marine ich, Cryptocaryon. It’s a bad enough infection that you probably won’t be able to manage it in your display tank with invertebrates present. Moving the fish and treating with copper ASAP is the best course of action....sorry!
Jay

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How small can a QT be? And keep all fish in it together? Or would it be easier to remove the coral and invertebrates and treat the DT

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the fish size and number of.
A QT is nothing but glass, heater, hiding spots, and sponge filter, rather simple.
This is the way to go if you want to correct the problem

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the fish size and number of.
A QT is nothing but glass, heater, hiding spots, and sponge filter, rather simple.
This is the way to go if you want to correct the problem
I have 1 sailfin tang, 1 lavender tang, 4 blue chromis, 1 filefish, 3 Darwin Clowns, 1 mandarin goby, 1 ruby dragonette 2 purple firefish, and 1 algea blenny. What's the smallest tank I can QT that amount in. All I got is credit cards for this mission lol need to go cheap on this. It couldn't wait until I get paid that would be to easy lol

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 sailfin tang, 1 lavender tang, 4 blue chromis, 1 filefish, 3 Darwin Clowns, 1 mandarin goby, 1 ruby dragonette 2 purple firefish, and 1 algea blenny. What's the smallest tank I can QT that amount in. All I got is credit cards for this mission lol need to go cheap on this. It couldn't wait until I get paid that would be to easy lol
I’m second guessing my diagnosis here! If the fish looked that bad with ich on Friday, they should be much worse, even dead now four days later. How are hey looking now, can you post new pics?
Jay

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m second guessing my diagnosis here! If the fish looked that bad with ich on Friday, they should be much worse, even dead now four days later. How are hey looking now, can you post new pics?
Jay
Will post new pics in about an hour, I just bought another 75 gallon tank to setup as QT just in case, going to get it shortly

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have used a Rubbermaid tub for QT tanks. They are a lot cheaper then a new glass tank.

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco sale glass 75 gallon 105$ couldn't pass it up, fish looks the same as it did Friday no worse no better lol adding water to the new QT in the am, how long should I wait before putting the fish into it?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as temp and salinity are in check, sponge or small pump moving water.
Weak lighting.
Ammonia will need to be monitored.
Daily 10% water change daily, vacum up poop and food will go along way to keep this down.
Great deal on that tank man, you now have both a QT and emergency tank for your valued pets.

Glass, IMM, is the best QT as we can “see” clearly, changes in fish as they progress. 20F5DAA2-2B4D-4E71-988B-23A137B8135B.jpeg

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as temp and salinity are in check, sponge or small pump moving water.
Weak lighting.
Ammonia will need to be monitored.
Daily 10% water change daily, vacum up poop and food will go along way to keep this down.
Great deal on that tank man, you now have both a QT and emergency tank for your valued pets.

Glass, IMM, is the best QT as we can “see” clearly, changes in fish as they progress. 20F5DAA2-2B4D-4E71-988B-23A137B8135B.jpeg
I've got this pump, just need to keep the water moving right? And a fluval sky I had over my freshwater tank before i upgraded

20210505_100155.jpg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, water to move so we keep it oxygenated.
Of course no hurricanes.
Filtration sure, but no carbon if your doing any meds.

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll post an update of the setup when I get to work, it's at the tire warehouse, my shop tank lol after I QT these fish I'm setting up a 120 and taking em home. My customers are gonna be mad lol they love this tank

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back