Ick outbreak

Kgreanead6986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed yesterday that my royal gramma had ick. It is worse this morning and looks like my clown may be getting it too. I do not have a other tank to qt. I have a cleaner shrimp and some zoanthids. It is a 5 gallon micro tank. My other 2 fish dont have it at all. What can I use to treat that wont hurt anything else in the tank?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem metroplex with focus mixed into food and carefully fed so that shrimpy doesnt get it (not sure if it would affect shrimp). This is a nice choice because it targets the parasite while it's on the fish. Other than that there is kick ich and polyp lab medic but those really dont do anything when it's on the fish and only work during the 48 hour period when the parasite looks for hosts.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed yesterday that my royal gramma had ick. It is worse this morning and looks like my clown may be getting it too. I do not have a other tank to qt. I have a cleaner shrimp and some zoanthids. It is a 5 gallon micro tank. My other 2 fish dont have it at all. What can I use to treat that wont hurt anything else in the tank?

To be short, nothing works that will not hurt the inverts.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back