icp-analysis.com (Coralvue) experiences/reviews

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Federal Govt can't do many things well, including delivering mail LOL. Thats why I will try it again if this gets lost. Comes with free First class return label so I used it. Can't track that type of mail. But maybe next time I will send it Fedex ground. I'd like to give the business to a USA company if possible, but Triton has been reliable and consistent so we'll see.
Ah, I couldn’t remember what shipping rate they used

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got results from them which had apparent errors. Most readings were WAYYY off.
Results took about 2 weeks to get for me.
For me it was a complete waste of time and money.
I wont be using them again.
Just my personal experience

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got results from them which had apparent errors. Most readings were WAYYY off.
Results took about 2 weeks to get for me.
For me it was a complete waste of time and money.
I wont be using them again.
Just my personal experience
Thanks for your feedback on the experience. When you say "way off", compared to what? Did you send a sample to some other testing lab at the same time? Compared to your own test kits?

I am on day 11 and they tell me they still have not received the sample yet. Come on guys. Stop blaming the post office. Granted the USPS is not a model of efficiency, but I use them all the time for our business and personal use. That package got to them in 3-4 days, 5 tops. So they must just be backlogged and are not admitting it. Problem is that this not RO water or even tap water. its aquarium water filled with many minerals, bacteria, etc. I doubt this water will test out the same after two weeks sitting in a vile. Too many biochemical processes going on. For example, there might have been a bunch of iron in that sample but it is likely been processed by the bacteria already. Iodine is another that will likely read zero at this point. Time is of the essence for much of these readings. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your feedback on the experience. When you say "way off", compared to what? Did you send a sample to some other testing lab at the same time? Compared to your own test kits?

I am on day 11 and they tell me they still have not received the sample yet. Come on guys. Stop blaming the post office. Granted the USPS is not a model of efficiency, but I use them all the time for our business and personal use. That package got to them in 3-4 days, 5 tops. So they must just be backlogged and are not admitting it. Problem is that this not RO water or even tap water. its aquarium water filled with many minerals, bacteria, etc. I doubt this water will test out the same after two weeks sitting in a vile. Too many biochemical processes going on. For example, there might have been a bunch of iron in that sample but it is likely been processed by the bacteria already. Iodine is another that will likely read zero at this point. Time is of the essence for much of these readings. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
Check out my build thread. I posted the results there.
I had to call them to get my 2nd result. I sent 2 in at the same time. I received one in about 2 weeks. Then waited several days before calling them about my 2nd result. They sent me the result for the 2nd a few minutes after my call.
Just a really bad experience for me.

There were some obvious errors like the Boron 510PPM...
They showed phosphate of over 2PPM. Which is wayyy off. My phosphate is 0.04 after triple checking with a digital hanna checker.
The magnesium was way off on one.
Several other readings were just plain wrong.
Bad bad bad experience.

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out my build thread. I posted the results there.
I had to call them to get my 2nd result. I sent 2 in at the same time. I received one in about 2 weeks. Then waited several days before calling them about my 2nd result. They sent me the result for the 2nd a few minutes after my call.
Just a really bad experience for me.

There were some obvious errors like the Boron 510PPM...
They showed phosphate of over 2PPM. Which is wayyy off. My phosphate is 0.04 after triple checking with a digital hanna checker.
The magnesium was way off on one.
Several other readings were just plain wrong.
Bad bad bad experience.

I thought maybe you had confused boron and bromide since this other person had bromine way, way off by that company, but no, you are right. Boron was way way off in your NSW data. :(

Did you use that same water in your tank? Only that water? Because the tank water had normal boron. lol

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought maybe you had confused boron and bromide since this other person had bromine way, way off by that company, but no, you are right. Boron was way way off in your NSW data. :(

Did you use that same water in your tank? Only that water? Because the tank water had normal boron. lol

The 2 tests i sent in were one for my display tank and the other was NSW which I use for water changes.
One test is my display tank and the other was for NSW that i use for water changes.
The only other water i put in my DT is RODI (5 stage) water for top off, which is always at 0 TDS .

I would have expected them to be similar because I don't dose anything.
I just have a refugium, ATS, and skimmer.
They were completely off. I honestly feel like I got ripped off.

I would imagine to get a boron reading like that they would have had to spray some insecticide in the test vial.
All my fish and corals would be dead.

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One test is my display tank and the other was for NSW that i use for water changes.
The only other water i put in my DT is RODI (5 stage) water for top off, which is always at 0 TDS .

I would have expected them to be similar because I don't dose anything.
I just have a refugium, ATS, and skimmer.
They were completely off. I honestly feel like I got ripped off.

I would imagine to get a boron reading like that they would have had to spray some insecticide in the test vial.
All my fish and corals would be dead.

Yes, the boron is an obvious mistake that they do not always make, apparently.

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the boron is an obvious mistake that they do not always make, apparently.
The way i see it we are paying premium to get a professional test done.
Even one mistake like this is bad business. But having several of the readings wrong is plain neglect for your customers.
After i did some more searches i noticed i am not the only one this has happened to.

So as a good samaritan i will do my best to stray people away from ever using them. :)

OP
OP
BostonReefer300

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a couple bad experiences with them, but I still have two tests left from them. I'll eventually give them another try just to use up those tests, but I'm not hopeful it'll be any better. Maybe we should start an R2R crowdfunding effort to start a US based reef tank water testing company!

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a YS based company based here in Colorado. I'll leave the rest up to you as I have nothing good to say

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back