Icp and tin

Tin is hard to track down as it can come from your aquarium glass, PVC pipes, or other plastic items that have it as a plasticizer, and metal parts in the water.

Unless the aquarium is suffering, that tin level does not look high enough to agonize over. like other metals, it is impossible to say how toxic any given level is without knowing exactly what form of tin is present.
 
Do you have a recommendation?
Also ... i dont know if is related but, i cant down the nitrates even using carbon sources.
I don't remember where I read that one of the reason to have elevated nitrates could be by a rusty metal in to the tank .
Do you know about it?
 
I cannot see how rusty metal would elevate nitrate.

I would do nothing about the tin if the tank seemed fine.

If you want to try something aside from regular water changes, a metal binder such as metasorb or a polyfilter may help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new