ICP phosphate test vs home test

  • Thread starter Thread starter nasdds
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nasdds

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2022
Messages
121
Reaction score
52
Location
milton
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
So I do monthly ICP testing through Triton. Every time I get my results back it says my phosphates are in the .01-.04 range. There’s a HUGE discrepancy between this and my home testing I do with my Hanna testers which show around .4-.6 (I have double checked with both ULR and LR Testers). Corals do look happy so I haven’t been overly concerned but does anyone have any thoughts? Thank you.
 
Phosphate ICP results are notoriously inaccurate due to degradation/absorption to bottles. Oceamo actually has a vial of stabilizer in their ICP kit to help this issue, but I’m not sure triton does the same.

In general, I would trust your hannah. ICP is best left to elemental analysis rather than more complex molecules like phosphate.
 
Phosphate ICP results are notoriously inaccurate due to degradation/absorption to bottles. Oceamo actually has a vial of stabilizer in their ICP kit to help this issue, but I’m not sure triton does the same.

In general, I would trust your hannah. ICP is best left to elemental analysis rather than more complex molecules like phosphate.
This makes a lot of sense. Thank you so much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new