Manual home testing vs ICP

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biff0rz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
2,397
Reaction score
1,449
Location
Michigan (SE)
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been sending out some ICP's and thought it'd be worth doing some manual tests at the same time to compare the accuracy. There's a lot that goes into the accuracy of both testing measures but I am at least consistent w my manual tests and try to do things as accurate as possible. These are the results of my most latest (5/8 sample, 5/19 results) ICP/manuals at the same time, but all prior tests are pretty much the same which speaks to my personal methods in manual testing (or so I like to think lol)

Here's what I found-

ParamManual ResultICP ResultManual Brand/Type
NO325.228.33Hanna / Oceamo-MS
PO40.170.124Hanna / Oceamo-MS
Alk #18.238.22Hanna / Oceamo-MS
Alk #28.408.22Alkatronic / Oceamo-MS
Alk #38.428.22Trident / Oceamo-MS
Ca #1450409API tritration / Oceamo-MS
Ca #2421409Trident / Oceamo-MS
Sg #11.0261 / 34.6434.4Tropic Marin Hydrometer / Oceamo-MS
Sg #232.134.4Hanna Tester / Oceamo-MS

I'm pretty happy with everything overall. Particularly happy with the TM Hydrometer :)

Anyways, I thought this was cool information and will continue to track it.
 
Thank you for sharing this comparison!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new