ICP results

JoKar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to run an icp test because for some reason every sps I put in my tank dies within days. I got the results back but really don't know what to make of it. Anybody on here able to help me out. Thanks

Test922471817_Results.jpeg 20210407_093059.jpg

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the ICP page does it show any of the elements in the red?

From what I am seeing I do not see any issues. I recently did on too and I talk about the results here.. maybe this can help and some others can chime in!

OP
OP
J

JoKar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the ICP page does it show any of the elements in the red?

From what I am seeing I do not see any issues. I recently did on too and I talk about the results here.. maybe this can help and some others can chime in!

Nothing was red but or yellow but i noticed vanadium was substantially higher than recommended. There was also a small amount of discrepancy in a few others.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Why don't you tell us a little more about your tank? Size, lights, flow and age can have an effect also.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also notice you have chlorine in your system. I'm no Chemist but usually this is a really bad thing.

OP
OP
J

JoKar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 72g bowfront with a 20g sump that is about 3 years old. For flow I have an icecap 4k gyre. Lighting consists of 2 kessil a360s and 2 a160s (mainly to light up the back corners).

Courtney Aldrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ICP looks good. Perhaps you have a biological toxin produced by one of your current inhabitants in your system. Algaecides such as Red-X and related disinfectants used to decontaminate surfaces can probably kill corals too.

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I can stop talking to you on Facebook now, lol.

Going with what @Courtney Aldrich said above, do you have any Nepthea in your tank? And I believe you have some zoas? If you have any of those then I'm sure the next question will be if you are running any carbon filtration.

OP
OP
J

JoKar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I can stop talking to you on Facebook now, lol.

Going with what @Courtney Aldrich said above, do you have any Nepthea in your tank? And I believe you have some zoas? If you have any of those then I'm sure the next question will be if you are running any carbon filtration.
I do keep a bag of carbon in the reef. There is a small napthea, and many zoas. Im somewhat suspicious of the large pink colt leather that my idiot clowns think is a nem.

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do keep a bag of carbon in the reef. There is a small napthea, and many zoas. Im somewhat suspicious of the large pink colt leather that my idiot clowns think is a nem.
Maybe look at a way to get water flowing through the carbon more directly like a carbon reactor or putting it in your filtration area. I wasn't too concerned about having carbon filtration on my system until I read about all of the unwanted stuff that can build up in the reef without it.

Also, what kind of flow rate are you getting from your return pump. Obviously SPS want crazy water movement.

I wish I could speak from experience and say I've got SPS growing here in Minot but I'm not to that point yet ... I just have a habit of researching things to death.

Back