ICU for unknown coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Digicop
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Digicop

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2020
Messages
99
Reaction score
42
Location
Rayne, LA
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given this frag that was dying and the person was throwing it away. It had fell upside down on the sand for a week or more, which is why it was in bad shape.

I don’t know if this is algae growing on top of a dead coral or this is the healing process for the coral. Any ideas on type of coral and what I should do to get it back?

6A1568A8-6B05-496B-996E-28AC3C75D3A0.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg
 
Should I try to get the hair algae off by pulling or let it be
 
is it encrusted? looks like cyphastrea. and yes u can help it by removing the algae but try not to ticked it off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new