Unknown Casing and Pest on Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter blkcoral
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blkcoral

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2025
Messages
208
Reaction score
145
Location
Odessa Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removed this coral. Had the shell look like casing on it and that little critter fell out. Good or bad?

UnknownBug.jpeg
 
Looks like a vermetid snail. I would generally say it is bad no matter what but there are some types that aren’t as harmful as most
Thanks. And I think the small critter is an amphipod.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new