ID help please - something in zoas

PowChickaPowPow

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2025
Messages
72
Reaction score
89
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone ID this sponge looking thing in my zoas? The zoas are on a rock but this doesn't look like the rock. Doesn't seem to move at all.

20260528_145251 (1).jpg
 
Looks like a sponge to me. In general I leave sponges, but I had a blue photosynthetic sponge choke-out some zoas I had in the past. They don't seem too affected by them. If it becomes a problem with your zoas, or you're concerned it will, I'd remove it.
 
Looks like a sponge to me. In general I leave sponges, but I had a blue photosynthetic sponge choke-out some zoas I had in the past. They don't seem too affected by them. If it becomes a problem with your zoas, or you're concerned it will, I'd remove it.
^^^^🙂
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new