ID Help Please

Frigideus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2025
Messages
125
Reaction score
54
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still going through the new tank woes of all the wanted or unwanted animals.

1772405428529.png


These clear tube guys. Say it ain't so. I think they are vermetid snails but I just want to double check since I can't actually tell and I also want to have hope that I won't need super glue and pliers on day 2. Also an ID for that green guy on the bottom would help me out. I think he is a lightbulb anemone. Thanks for any help!
 
There are sponges and a likely pest anemone, but until you can get us a image to make that pronouncement it's speculation. We need a better image, end of story. 🦀
 
There are sponges and a likely pest anemone, but until you can get us a image to make that pronouncement it's speculation. We need a better image, end of story. 🦀
How do I get a better image? It’s rather difficult to take pictures in the rocks like that. I want to know if there’s any easy way to take photos of hard to reach crevices.
 
Looks like a pest anemone. Where there is one there are likely more.
Compare what you see with images of aiptasia and or majano. There is a wide variation in the appearance of pest anemone.
I would start considering your course of action.

Hopefully I am absolutely wrong.
 
Tube sponges and yellow tentacles most likely lightbulb nem.
 
Looks like an aptasia, hopefully I'm wrong but there's a strong resemblance. Nice to have sponges though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new