ID help

  • Thread starter Thread starter aht0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aht0

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a small sps frag from local reefer 2 years ago. There is a photo from this period:

DSC_0881 by Ahto Paavel, on Flickr


And photo taken today:
DSC_1536_004 by Ahto Paavel, on Flickr

Color rendering is not good on second photo, it looks on naked eye more purple. I have searched hours but did not found a similar looking (irregular branching) coral. 10 months ago under the diy leds (with more ultraviolet) it starts turning blue with green tips. Then I replaced lights to Evergrow IT2060-W ProReef V2 and now it is purple. Can anyone help me with ID or give some suggestions?
 
Last edited:
Hi! Welcome to R2R!
Use This One.jpg

Am a softie coral kind of girl but this will get you bump and hopefully someone will chime and help!;)
 
Welcome to R2R! Looks like a Valida.

welcom.jpg
 
Thanks,

maybe enough to know that some sort of acropora ...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new