ID? Kenya Tree?

pvreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2023
Messages
21
Reaction score
5
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I’ve had this coral in my tank for years and it’s been healthy and growing. I’ve always thought of it as a “pink Kenya tree” but I’d like to have confirmation. Thinking of adding some other things near it (after trimming it a bit) and I’d like proper IDs to help avoid any issues.

Thanks for your help!

81431984-D697-4ECD-B89F-556515CD54D8.png
 
Hi guys, I’ve had this coral in my tank for years and it’s been healthy and growing. I’ve always thought of it as a “pink Kenya tree” but I’d like to have confirmation. Thinking of adding some other things near it (after trimming it a bit) and I’d like proper IDs to help avoid any issues.

Thanks for your help!

81431984-D697-4ECD-B89F-556515CD54D8.png
You are correct in this being a Capnella species which is the Kenya Tree. I believe this is the regular brown/beige variant however I could be wrong.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new