ID My Anthias Please

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
2,155
Reaction score
2,999
Location
Wichita, KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is a "Tweener" Lyretail. Not sure though. Any ideas? Sorry for the bad picture. Just won't hold still!

20200213_121947.jpg
 
I think this one started to transition to male and is stuck in between. My thought is to add 3 female Lyretails to see if that'll get "it" to become "him". Be my luck that one of the females will turn first!
 
It is a "tweener" and adding some more females could push it to transfer to a full male but it sounds like you already know anthias pretty well.
 
It is a "tweener" and adding some more females could push it to transfer to a full male but it sounds like you already know anthias pretty well.
Thanks. In this case, I only know what I have read. Experience would be better. That's why I post my "thoughts" when planning to do something. R2R is great because there's always someone that has actual experience.

Thanks everyone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new