Id needed on creature/critter in lobo

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Reef Nutrition and @AlgaeBarn
Not panicking and not seen any harm as of yet,but yesterday i moved a lobo and may or may not have damaged it trying to stick it to my rocks and started a thread trying to get an id but no luck.not sure if i damaged skeloton tje pods then moved in within same day or the pods/other critter caused the holes as looks this way as rounded holes,
Best we could come up with was some kind of spider looking/acting pod ( ones in second video with 2 bright white patches on and one finally came briefly out of one of many holes in lobo skeloton) and then maybe same but bigger in first video but after 4 hours shining light on phone videoing it never shown its face/ body apart from once briefly its head which whitish and can see mandibles on it and looks like it got 4 antenna/tentacles possible more but really am unsure as look on zoom on phone and it just always at edge of hole but doesnt come out so as you 2 either grow or sell pods thought be worth a try asking if you knew,if dont no problem and thankyou for answering in advance.if do for curiousitys sake be appreciated.
Got mention sone kind of pod,gall crab or spider looking thing.
Thanks

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anyone bored and want to read full thread with few more videos in it,fill your boots lol but 2 main important videos are in this thread above and started this thread as just had idea reefnutrition/algae barn may have seen these as they deal in pods is all

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry. I ran in circles trying to figure out the den mother
Yeah appreciated your input and others last night as it went on for over 4 hours of me videoing and posting and you and others replying but at one stage i even thought could of been like big queen in big hole that cant move and just spitting out offspring like bees do ha ha

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Reef Nutrition and @AlgaeBarn
Not panicking and not seen any harm as of yet,but yesterday i moved a lobo and may or may not have damaged it trying to stick it to my rocks and started a thread trying to get an id but no luck.not sure if i damaged skeloton tje pods then moved in within same day or the pods/other critter caused the holes as looks this way as rounded holes,
Best we could come up with was some kind of spider looking/acting pod ( ones in second video with 2 bright white patches on and one finally came briefly out of one of many holes in lobo skeloton) and then maybe same but bigger in first video but after 4 hours shining light on phone videoing it never shown its face/ body apart from once briefly its head which whitish and can see mandibles on it and looks like it got 4 antenna/tentacles possible more but really am unsure as look on zoom on phone and it just always at edge of hole but doesnt come out so as you 2 either grow or sell pods thought be worth a try asking if you knew,if dont no problem and thankyou for answering in advance.if do for curiousitys sake be appreciated.
Got mention sone kind of pod,gall crab or spider looking thing.
Thanks

Pretty cool looking critters. I'm stumped! LOL

Some crabs, like the porcelain crab, have filter-feeding appendages like the one seen in the hole.

Chad

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty cool looking critters. I'm stumped! LOL

Some crabs, like the porcelain crab, have filter-feeding appendages like the one seen in the hole.

Chad
Thanks for reply Chad, thought maybe as you grow pods may have come across them or read about them but was a long shot but they causing no harm i dont think.with watching it last few nights ( the one in big hole) i think its same as that one that came out the rock with 2 bright white patches on it just little bigger,and as they just literally sit there all day/ all night long they must be filter feeding or when i see them dart in and out,they catching food maybe,i seen much smaller different pods come right by them and they dont eat them and they dont seem to have time to eat the coral as never move.
So just going put it down to some kind of pod of some description and if find out in future then i find out.
Once again tyvm for taking time to reply ^_^

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back