Odd, tiny Star like creature on my glass - what is it?

BoBiddly

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
Brentwood
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning my glass and noticed an abundance of these small Star like critters on my glass. They’re tiny - like a thin point to a lead pencil. To my eye they look like 4 pointed or Star shaped, but my phone was able to take a pretty detailed photo. Here are two different ones.

‍♂️ curious what they are.

EF0FC695-E4F3-4ED9-BBE6-9638F9FF74FD.jpeg 239BFD04-29F4-4F92-A866-289543C39E6E.jpeg
 
I did find one asterina starfish about 2 weeks ago, but feel like I noticed these things before. I scooped out the asterina just bc of what I had heard about them. Although, it sounds as though it likely wasn’t the coral gobbling version (more white). Just an FYI on the info since they kinda look starfish like.
 
+1 on hydroids. I had a small bloom when my tank was younger. Didn't last long and didn't seem to bother anything.
 
Hydroids pesky little things kill it while you can but alot of fresh tanks get them eventually
 
That makes sense bc I’ve seen hydroids in a different phase for about a month and a half. I’ve been trying to manually remove and dip in hydrogen peroxide. Wish me luck.

Eyeing a copperband butterfly fish and maybe blue sapphire damsel to help w pest removal. At least per the advice from my LFS.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new