id please dino or diatoms..

  • Thread starter Thread starter chicago
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
1,775
Reaction score
569
Location
chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help id these..
Thank you... taken from sand bed top this am..
 
 
 
I would say Dino’s from the movement. Most Ostreopsis that I have seen have more of a whirling movement. Though this is not a proper ID for the organism I would guess that it is one of the sandbed types.
 
I am betting it is the sandbed type Amphidinium.. I had Ostreopsis months ago.. now its Amphidinium. Plan is to start dosing some more pods and phyto
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new