ID Please..Let's play "Mushroom or Majano"!

TheRedOx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are some hitchhikers on my LR which my LFS said were mushrooms but I'm starting to worry that they're actually majano anemones because they are multiplying fairly rapidly and some nearby zoos have closed up for a few days now. The color is exactly as they appear. There's little baby ones on the same rock, probably about 8 or 9 in all. They haven't moved or anything like that - they do seem to have mouths like a lot of ricordea that I see and they have a yellowy/greeny glow under LED moonlights. The one on the left in the pics seems to be the biggest, he's about 2" in diameter. Thing is, when I do a Google image search for majanos, these don't really look like a lot of those...so keep and admire or seek and destroy? Thanks for your help..
Under MH:
DSC_0009-1.jpg

Under Actinics:
DSC_0001.jpg

OP
OP
T

TheRedOx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuma Ricordea, coralimorphian, closely related to anemones, will sting and possibly kill most other coral it comes into contact with.
Whoa, whoa...so they're still bad? Should I get rid of them or do they just need to be kept away from other corals?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are no problem just keep them away from other corals as you do with most....People like me pay good money for single polyps of Ricordea yuma.....I wish I got hitch hikers like that....

DaveA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed with the group, it's a yuma ric. Mojanos have more "octopus like tentacles"

majano.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.7%
Back