ID please: Squamosa or Derasa?

Squamosa or Derasa

  • Squamosa

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Derasa

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

    Votes: 7 87.5%

  • Total voters
    8

radicaltour

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2016
Messages
76
Reaction score
46
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This 5" clam was sold to me as a Squamosa. But it looks more like a Derasa, no?

IMG_20171029_131856.jpg


IMG_20171029_131847.jpg
 
I do not see an issue unless the Blenny takes to nipping the clam which is not unheard of. They certainly make an interesting pair, very cute.
 
@3mm3 @Tahoe61
While I enjoy seeing the Starry blenny on the clam, is this going to be a problem in the long run?
He seems to be sitting right on top of the clam's inhaling siphon.

IMG_20171101_110157.jpg


IMG_20171101_110159.jpg

Like @Tahoe61 mentioned should not be an issue unless the blenny starts biting it. I used to live near a store that had a clam around 20 inch and a pair of clownfish lived in it. Pretty cool to watch.
Also a warning. If the clam gets frightened and closes on the fish that will be a big problem. Seen that happen on posts from others over the years.
 
I thought starry blenny would nip on clam mantle or I'm mistaken with some other blenny species?
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new