ID please: starfish?

Polishpower

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2013
Messages
145
Reaction score
15
Location
Northeast, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20131128_185359_191.jpg
 
Looks like an asterina star. Some people have good luck with them, some people have them eat corals.
 
Maybe and inch just got the live rock about a week ago. I have other small ones that are about a quarter inch. so you guys think I should start taking them out? Also I saw a little red worm today looked like it kind of had white stripes. What could this be?
 
Some of these eat coral and since it's impossible to tell which i suggest you get rid of them by removing any you find. The multiply very quickly and on top of possibly eating your favorite coral, they can become an eye sore very quickly
 
That looks pretty big for an asterina. But if you are unsure, I'd still take them out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new