Red Cookie Biscuit Starfish?

FTC Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
84
Reaction score
35
Location
phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have or know a good source for Red Cookie Biscuit Starfish?

20260322_144332_FED9F12E-064C-4897-B419-3B67F287577B.png
 
Are they hard to keep? I’d love to add one.
All starfish are hard to keep with the exception of serpent and brittle stars. As cool as they are its best to leave them where they came from.
 
I have had biscuit starfish in my reef tank for almost 2 years now. I can say it is a beautiful looking starfish, but he has munched on some corals. He enjoyed my blastos and ate one of my jawbreakers. I’m sure he has munched on a few other soft corals, but he is still in the tank because he is doing a good job.
1774271211176.jpeg
 
@AydenLincoln I believe has one. Most starfish are Reef Safe with caution, just because they can eat your corals.
I had one he lived for around two years. They are found deeper down and ear microorganisms in the sediment. They will munch on corals that are dead or dying. They are easy to care for but not the longest lived species. I would soak his food in phytoplankton and zooplankton and feed mastick along with other meaty foods. Usually longterm their spikes tend to fall off and then they die. And are definitely a beautiful species of starfish.
 
I have had biscuit starfish in my reef tank for almost 2 years now. I can say it is a beautiful looking starfish, but he has munched on some corals. He enjoyed my blastos and ate one of my jawbreakers. I’m sure he has munched on a few other soft corals, but he is still in the tank because he is doing a good job.
1774271211176.jpeg
This is great to know! I’m happy to hear from someone who has owned one!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new