ID please

  • Thread starter Thread starter uhgster1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

uhgster1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,535
Location
Clarksville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This colony started out as what I thought was a bacterial slime bloom. After a few months I noticed that it was some type of sps. I thought it was a stylo since I have a pink stylo in the reef but now that it has grown out it’s obviously not a pink stylo and the shape of the colony is completely different if you compare it to the stylo for reference. The body is an off cream color and the polyps fluoresce green in blue light.
4CD4D9F7-FE91-4823-9ECB-ABF30AE19F08.jpeg
787435DD-D1F5-4E15-BB0B-833BF0FC4589.jpeg

Here’s the stylo for reference
CBC621EB-0CCA-4973-AEDE-915F4CBA1C2C.jpeg
 
I too was thinking pocillipora. They do have that fuzzy look and probably the only “hitchhiker” SPS out there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new