ID please

  • Thread starter Thread starter NormanB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NormanB

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2019
Messages
595
Reaction score
306
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought this was a superman monti, but its showing some vertical growth and from I've gotten here it only encrusts.

So what might it be? Not a great pic...just the best I can get with my phone.
Thanks
20200218_205902.jpg
 
The flesh is blue I know it's hard to tell.

Sorry
 
Possibly...though the polyps look red in person.
 
Blue with orange polyps? if so that is not a superman monti. I think its a meteorite cyphastrea.

Maybe it is a meteorite cyphastrea...so if that's the case...low lighting is proper for this little guy?
 
Low to medium light. They are a fast grower and will change color depending on the light.

Can you elaborate on light vs color? More light=less colorful or vice versa, etc.

Thanks!
 
I have a Reefbreeders 48 V2+ over a 75 gallon tank. I would prefer it to say and get bluer if possible.

I just got the frag yesterday and the LFS had it under very low light. I placed it on the bottom so not to shock it.

Suggestions?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new