ID please

palbert_95

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2020
Messages
124
Reaction score
102
Location
Easton, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two different rocks growing stuff, one of them I believe is some kind of algae, it's been growing for a bit before I added fish to my tank. As for the black stuff on the other rock I have no idea, I noticed it just this week, might've been there for a bit though. As for the white, don't worry about that that is Sand that got kicked around from starting my wavemakers. any ideas how to remove them? thank you
 

Attachments

  • 60971700908__B9D7F1EF-4CDF-4171-9E3D-EA9FC5104905.MOV
    1.1 MB
Didn't realize the video would post like that

image.jpg image.jpg
 
First part looks like possible ha. Second possible a sponge
 
I see diatoms and presence of aptasia. If it is the anemone looking things you are referring to - Aptasia
You DONT want them in your tank. Use either lemon juice or preferably Kalkwasser powder and mix into a paste and inject into the center core of each aptasia
 
I see diatoms and presence of aptasia. If it is the anemone looking things you are referring to - Aptasia
You DONT want them in your tank. Use either lemon juice or preferably Kalkwasser powder and mix into a paste and inject into the center core of each aptasia
the thing youre ID-ng as aiptasia is more of an algae, the picture doesnt show exactly right how it looks, im 95% sure is not that, i see my shrimp and my hermit crabs going at it sometimes. you are right with the diatoms after researching what they look like, Thank you!
 
LOL- right side of pic in the center looks so much like aptasia

1588025127581.png
 
LOL- right side of pic in the center looks so much like aptasia

1588025127581.png
I saw that as well but it looks like it's a line going upward. I would like to see the tenticles from the side.
 
That definitely looks like hair algae.
 
Here is a view from a different angle, does that help confirm if it is?

image.jpg
What a teaser that was./. .. . String/hair algae. Remove as much as you can by hand. A job for Turbo,nassarius, astrea and trochus snails and a dozen blue leg crabs.
 
What a teaser that was./. .. . String/hair algae. Remove as much as you can by hand. A job for Turbo,nassarius, astrea and trochus snails and a dozen blue leg crabs.
sorry, should've added this picture from the beginning, thank you for your help!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new