ID: Some sort of snail or worm?

MarshallB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2019
Messages
439
Reaction score
574
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last few days i've noticed a bunch of pen tip sized white spots pop up on my glass. I managed to get a pretty good picture of it. Are these baby snails or some type of worm? It looks like a shell.

P_20201019_131825.jpg
 
Thanks for the replies. Should I be worried? They seem reef save, but I just looked up some infestation threads and wow.... I started feeding a bit more and halved my skimming duration in attempts to up my nitrates so my zoas to fully open again. I'm having second thoughts about that right now.
 
Thanks for the replies. Should I be worried? They seem reef save, but I just looked up some infestation threads and wow.... I started feeding a bit more and halved my skimming duration in attempts to up my nitrates so my zoas to fully open again. I'm having second thoughts about that right now.
You’ll eventually see lots of them. Nothing to worry about. They are sessile, meaning they don’t move. They do reproduce a lot. But I’ve found that as your tank ages, they reduce in numbers.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new