ID this coral please?

Transparent24

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please tell me what this coral is, got it from a lfs. Also there’s these tentacle hitchhikers on the side of it. Should I try removing them? Are they harmful?
image.jpg
 
Can someone please tell me what this coral is, got it from a lfs. Also there’s these tentacle hitchhikers on the side of it. Should I try removing them? Are they harmful?
image.jpg


Those little tentacles are a pest called aptasia and spread like crazy. I’d take that frag out now and glue over them or toss the frag. I also wouldn’t buy from that store. The coral looks like a red monti cap to me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new