ID this critter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lrk240
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lrk240

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts on what this critter is?
20260906_093539_A16AB946-7C58-423C-B547-6C86C82DAD66.png
 
1788732975184.png

A: Some polychaete, but hard to see due to the blurry image. I think it might be a harmful fire worm species, but it's hard to tell from the image.

B: Snail, doesn't look like one of the bad guys.
 
Thank you! I will get a better photo and post shortly
 
I would say Amphinomidae (fireworm) from the image, but am not 100% certain.

For a Polynoidae (Scale worm) the segments lack the overlapping scale-like pattern, but both Annelid families are not welcome in reef tanks.
 
Thanks, will see how many I can track down. I am just starting and bought 4 pieces of rock from LFS, it’s in a bucket with heater and small flow pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new