ID this ORA piece please.

  • Thread starter Thread starter capchad03
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

capchad03

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2013
Messages
63
Reaction score
2
Location
Laplace, LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1422151757.908981.jpg


I bought this browned out and was on a Ora plug, it's been coloring up for about a month. I'm thinking maybe joe the coral, but I don't see much green. Any thoughts...??
 
Not sure on id? Could be someone made a new frag with an old ora plug and now has you searching for an ID in the wrong place?
 
Wrong place in the forum?

Lol - no you hit it spot on - was more thinking evidence leading to the wrong road, but sounds like you had the right direction. Nice pic by the way - love hopping onto an I'd thread and seeing a sweet coral pic for reference.
 
Oh. Ok. I though I was in the wrong forum. Joe the coral seems to be what it is, I just didn't see the green like in most pics. Maybe with some time it will get more color.
 
Blue voodoo and joe the coral can be very similar. I have a blue voodoo that looks similar to yours

I think it could be either of those. The Joe the Coral has thinner branches and IMO I think the voodoo tends to encrust more heavily than the joe the coral. Hope that helps.
 
That looks very similar to my ORA Joe the Coral. I have frags in different spots in the tank - in my tank ... it starts getting to be a deep forest green the higher it is up in the tank.


 
Cool. The more I look at blue voodoo the more I'm leaning towards that. I guess time will tell. Not bad for a browned out turd I got for $15
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new