ID this Petco anemone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nem0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nem0

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2019
Messages
402
Reaction score
167
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of getting an anemone (won't be for a while though) and I found this one at my petco lol. I was wondering what type it was/if its worth getting/any info on it ... I'm a newbie when it comes to corals. I think it's for sale for like $15-20.

IMG_5281.jpeg


IMG_5279.jpeg
 
99% of the Costco anemones are going to be Caribbean condylactis. They’ve never encountered a clown fish so I wouldn’t bother with one.
 
I saw a condy at a local Petco recently that was hosting a clown. I thought their stings were too strong. Maybe it was sick or dying? It looked okay though.
 
I saw a condy at a local Petco recently that was hosting a clown. I thought their stings were too strong. Maybe it was sick or dying? It looked okay though.
It's a rare occasion but it can happen.
 
I just recently bought my condi from Petco with the clown that it was hosting. So far both the anemone & clown seem healthy & happy.
 

Attachments

  • 20191116_170035.mp4
    18.3 MB
Petco Stores do sell other anemones, including Magnifica, Malu, Crispa, Doreensis, Haddoni, Gigantea, BTA and Aurora. The only host anemone I never seen at Petco is Mertensii.
They also sell non host anemones like Maximini, Helianthus, Condyactis aslo
 
I just recently bought my condi from Petco with the clown that it was hosting. So far both the anemone & clown seem healthy & happy.
I think this anemone is a M. doreensis not Condydactis gigantea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new