[ID] very weird orange snail with bumps

AspiringLobophyllia

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2018
Messages
41
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a very strange snail cruising around my sandbed this morning. Can anyone help?

IMG_6665.jpeg IMG_6664.jpeg IMG_6663.jpeg IMG_6662.jpeg IMG_6661.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6660.mov
    28.7 MB
Additional picture
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6667.png
    IMG_6667.png
    835.1 KB · Views: 46
I believe its a type of cowrie snail - cribrarula cribraria
 
Very cool. Thank you, I think you're right. Think he's reef safe enough to back in the display or he's better off in sump?
They primarily feed on sponges, so I'd move to the sump
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new