ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RN7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    pest
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RN7

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What seems like clusters of tube/rod shaped eggs, open on one end, appeared quickly on open sand and a small spot on the base of a rock in shade within a couple square feet.. I thought nudibranchs but the mass is more of a wirey "neuron network" inside the cluster and could be a bunch of bugs locked together. They don't move as far as I can tell and I can take a skewer through the mass and grab a goo ball.

I don't see any on corals and the tank is 8months old.

"Close up" is pulling apart the sand on a cap.
"close up2" to is what it looks like on the sand bed.

Close up.jpg Close up 2.jpg
 
I've gone to a few shops and seems to be the consensus... Thank you.

Also thought I found rolled up yellow worms in a pocket under a rhodactis and was told it was the intestines after trying to remove them...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new