Ideal temps for Tahitian Maxima Clams

reeffisher

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reef addicts!
I just wanted to know what temps you guys keep your giant Tahitian Maxima Clams at.
I have been doing some research and I get a lot of conflicting info. I read that Tahitian waters are much cooler than most reefs in other parts of the world such as the Indo Pacific. I have also read that some clam keepers say temps need to be around 80 degrees in order to keep giant maximas healthy and thriving.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new