Ideas for coral to add to main rock

ErikSchneider42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I’ve recently set up my first saltwater tank and added in my first corals. I’ve got a GSP on its own rock, one rock for zoas to grow on, a Duncan on another rock, and only a forest fire digitata frag on my biggest rock. All are doing great so far (added them in about 3 weeks ago) especially the Duncan.

I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for one more coral to add on my biggest rock that wouldn’t sting my forest fire digitata coral.

As for livestock I have two small clowns, two small hermits, a tiger conch, and a trochus snail. There was a bit of algae growing on the rocks as seen in the photos (taken about a week ago) but the clean up crew has since taken care of it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

3C7CA9CD-4686-4C40-A399-2E558AF4D123.jpeg B3DD94EF-2122-421F-8714-BCDC9FA17108.jpeg

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would make the bigger rock an SPS only area, it’ll look cool and would give a bit of a contrast to the meaty LPS and softies around it.

You can have many different kinds of montis, Stylopora, Pocelophora, Seriatopora and even a simple acros like Stughorns.
Later on when you have a bit more confidence with acros, you’ll have plenty of choice to choose from.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back