Identify this anemone?

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2020
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
2,896
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to figure out the name of this anemone..? Can you help.

3A96DEB3-86E6-47B0-92E7-F91CB4FCF517.jpeg
498F4045-C91D-4413-9C2D-DE7C33AACB4A.jpeg
 
Or is this not an anemone? I can’t find a good matching picture if this guy anywhere: (
 
They can be aggressive but if all fish are healthy I wouldn’t worry about it eating a fish
 
They can be aggressive but if all fish are healthy I wouldn’t worry about it eating a fish
It’s always odd trying to recreate nature inside a box : j ...the reality is, it explains how he could be missing (and I looked everywhere) and I never had an ammonia spike. Not even a little one
 
I say mini maxi as well. They are a carpet anemone with a very strong, sticky "grab." I could easily see one eating a small goby. ...like a clown goby.
 
I say mini maxi as well. They are a carpet anemone with a very strong, sticky "grab." I could easily see one eating a small goby. ...like a clown goby.
This guy had a tough start in my tank. When I tried to place him the first time, the water current got me. He ended up under my rock. Over two days... I got him out and sort of shoved him in a hole the rock where he is. He loves that spot!

I bought most of my livestock in two large batches... I got a little overly excited both times and kinna wasn’t paying attention to species names : (

Thank you guys for helping me identify him!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new