Identify this???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Butterz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Butterz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this little bugger on a piece of coral he looks like some sort of clam or something can someone tell me what this is? It opens and closes when I touch it...

Sorry about the picture it's just night time for the fishies lol...
y2a2ujar.jpg
 
It may possibly be a clam, but I cna't tell from that pic.
 
My first thought would be a Thorny Oyster.

It doesn't have any thorns but that brown stuff is algae or something but he's got some sort of specky pattern and a bit of pink on it I'll have to have a closer look.
 
"Specky pattern", like this?
th


That's a Thorny Oyster picture. It is actually in the scallop family.
 
Last edited:
All I see is sponge coral!!! Was that what you were wondering about?
 
Last edited:

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new