Identity of anemone please

  • Thread starter Thread starter WesMeeks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WesMeeks

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Location
Chattanooga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo.jpg
First off, what kind of anemone is this? and second, is this normal for it to be doing? it hasn't opened up fully yet and it's been about a week since i purchased it.
 
Last edited:
Looks like a GBTA bleached and very unhealthy. Give it lots of light and keep the parameters in check and hopefully it pull sout of it.
 
is a bubble tip anemone and you say a week on your tank! is normal when she dont like the place you put on your tank,try to replace on another rock.i hope she open soon
 
I hope you didn't purchase it like that..... I wouldn't be purchasing anything there again if I were you.
 
It was open when i purchased it. but the color was the same. it is a white one. the place had 4 more exactly like it.
 
That is not white, clearly the specimen has released it zooanthelle. My guess is it was over the course or directly due to poor shipping and they were all together during shipment.
 
what confuses me is the fact that all of them were open and eating fine. I trust the guy I got them from.
 
No Anemones are naturally white. It has completely expelled all of it's Zooanthella. Yes, it'll still be open and eating, but is not at all healthy.

There's a chance that it's color will never come back. If it expelled 100% of it's Zooanthella, and there's no compatible Zooanthella in your tank, it can't absorb new Zooanthella, which is part of what gives it it's color.
 
not to hijack the thread, but how can one supply the zooanthella for the nem? Have a rose bubble tip that has lost most of it's zoo's due to too much light (at least that's all I can figure caused it). It's doing well, eating, splitting, moved a couple times to get out of the light. thanks
 
So I should yell at guy at got it from then? It has gotten worse every day since I got it. UPDATE: now the anemone is dead.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new