If i buy a Mastertronic, am i just paying £1200 just for something that tests my test kits?

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im loving the idea of Alkatronic and Dosetronic but the way i read it, isnt the Mastertronic just a machine that runs my own tests for me? So i still have to buy the test kits that i use and pay £1200 for something to test them for me? So the accuracy isnt down to the Mastertronic its down to the test kit im using?
Can somebody explain the selling point of a Mastertronic as i cannot for the life of me cannot see one, or am i missing something?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s basically boils down to it’s automation of testing, but I agree with you.

It takes me about 15 minutes once a week to test both my systems, that’s it and done. I don’t need to test alkalinity 20 times a day or whatever....

But it’s personal preference and some people love this sort of thing, trident etc.

OP
OP
windemerejack

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s basically boils down to it’s automation of testing, but I agree with you.

It takes me about 15 minutes once a week to test both my systems, that’s it and done. I don’t need to test alkalinity 20 times a day or whatever....

But it’s personal preference and some people love this sort of thing, trident etc.
I would like to keep my Alk stable with the Alkatronic but for all other params? Nah.
So is it not just the same as Reefbot?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back