If I fed Hewbie less would that slow down his growth?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the feeling. My porcupine puffer does the same thing. Constantly begging and spitting water at me. I feed him every day and I feed enough that he gets a slight bulge in his stomach. Sometimes he steals food from other fish and his stomach looks like he ate a tennis ball. He is always scouring the tank for scraps...
My stars and stripes does the same! I keep telling him he is going to have an appointment with Dr Now to discuss his heating habits

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand trying to change the behavior of an animal. As Mr. Hemdal pointed out with the kitten and cat analogy maybe this animal isn't the right one for you today. Also Jda made another great point about aggression.

If the hobbyist (figure of speech) is worried about growth, feeding, and nutrients then they already failed. They shouldn't have purchased the animal to start.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't understand trying to change the behavior of an animal. As Mr. Hemdal pointed out with the kitten and cat analogy maybe this animal isn't the right one for you today. Also Jda made another great point about aggression.

If the hobbyist (figure of speech) is worried about growth, feeding, and nutrients then they already failed. They shouldn't have purchased the animal to start.
It’s all good. Hewbie is happy and healthy. I haven’t changed anything I was just wondering.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back