OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chattanooga, TN beats Knoxville, and puts you 2 hours from Atlanta/Knoxville/Nashville with a decent airport that flies to all three for layovers. Also helps a certain website owner lives right down the road :). Bought a 2400sqft house here for under 150k and electricity and water are super cheap.

I wanted to visit Chattanooga but we never made it over that way. :(

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Billings, Montana 59101. I am a Computer Consultant. Airport is 15 Minutes away. Inexpensive utilities, food, and Housing. Skiing 65 Miles away, as well as, hot springs. National Park about 2 hours out for easy getaways. Easy access to the USA by internet and air travel, A great place to live. But I am partial :)

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not read all the replies to this thread but

For overnight shipping from Anywhere Using UPS Louisville Kentucky.
Super friendly place to live ,Very stable economy and Affordable.. We are UPS Word hub location Biggest in the world

Peng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seattle/Bellevue/Issaqua area in WA. Less expensive than SF & NYC with lots of nature and activities. Airport is close by and going to British Columbia is easy. The only thing is that houses here are 800k - 1M+

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For overnight shipping from Anywhere Using UPS Louisville Kentucky.
Super friendly place to live ,Very stable economy and Affordable.. We are UPS Word hub location Biggest in the world

We actually visited Louisville... nice city. :)

I was hoping living there would = more affordable shipping rates. I was told by UPS that it does not. All that matters is weight of the box and distance point to point.

BlakeW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Port St Lucie is nice and has an airport close. We go over there for the weekend a lot.

Sarasota is nice as well on the gulf coast. Our real estates been on the rise pretty quick lately though.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We actually visited Louisville... nice city. :)

I was hoping living there would = more affordable shipping rates. I was told by UPS that it does not. All that matters is weight of the box and distance point to point.
Yea we love it here . And the shipping thing is true... shipping to and from here can be Quicker due to location . OF course it does not really apply to ground as much .

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our real estates been on the rise pretty quick lately though.

We're discovering this everywhere we go. We apparently picked the wrong time to want to buy a house. Might just rent for awhile and wait for the market to go bust again. :p

Jennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where would it be??

Assuming you could telecommute/work remotely.

Only two requirements:
  1. It must be in an affordable area.
  2. It must be within 30-45 mins of a decent airport. I.e. I need to receive weekly livestock shipments from Los Angeles, so no more than 1 layover from there.
Check out Abingdon, VA http://visitabingdonvirginia.com/

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Branson is a really neat place with all the spring fed lakes. The cost of living is extremely cheap.

Love Branson area. Below is a pic from the condo we rent each year on Lake Taneycomo. The owner said the condo would cost around $140k. My wife's family has a reunion at Table Rock Lake park every summer and we have been going for 20 years. We have said it would be a great place to retire though I'm not sure what the driving is like in the winter with all the steep hills. We just know we won't be able to retire in Texas because of the outrageous property taxes.

br.jpg

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love Branson area. Below is a pic from the condo we rent each year on Lake Taneycomo. The owner said the condo would cost around $140k. My wife's family has a reunion at Table Rock Lake park every summer and we have been going for 20 years. We have said it would be a great place to retire though I'm not sure what the driving is like in the winter with all the steep hills. We just know we won't be able to retire in Texas because of the outrageous property taxes.

br.jpg
Very nice shot! Missouri is a Tax state, that's for sure. Im not sure how it compares to Texas. As you know, if you like fishing, the trout are abundant in the lakes you speak of.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice shot! Missouri is a Tax state, that's for sure. Im not sure how it compares to Texas. As you know, if you like fishing, the trout are abundant in the lakes you speak of.

Well, this year I'm having to pay $6k in property taxes on a $200k home. My taxes have gone up over $2k in the last 5 years. Let's just say my income has not seen that kind of % increase. We will definitely do our homework before we decide where to retire.

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from a little trip to Tacoma, Washington. Definitely in my top five now :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back