if You started a new tank would it be a complete system or something you put together

Would you buy a complete box set or each piece seperate?

• Total voters

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm in the "bit of both" camp. I love the look of Waterbox, Reefers, etc. - hard to beat the clean lines and perfect stands unless you're getting into the spendy custom jobs or have a lot of fabrication skills. The barebones options for AIO's come with stand, tank, and sump. Then you pick and choose the equipment that goes into it. That's my preferred way :)
Yes yes! But the sumps are to small! That was my issue.

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I should do a build thread. Never thought it was worth anyone looking at with all the crazy builds.

I do the build so I can look back on progress. Plus, every build is interesting no matter size or how complex. Check out some of the jar/vase builds. Plus you get that badge.

Ryan Doolittle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm in the "bit of both" camp. I love the look of Waterbox, Reefers, etc. - hard to beat the clean lines and perfect stands unless you're getting into the spendy custom jobs or have a lot of fabrication skills. The barebones options for AIO's come with stand, tank, and sump. Then you pick and choose the equipment that goes into it. That's my preferred way :)

That's the misconception. You dont need any fabricating skills to build a show piece tank and stand. You just have to be able to admit your mistakes and be willing to redo them. We all cut pieces of wood wrong but what separates the good jobs from the great ones are the guys willing to throw the bad piece in the burn pile and start over. Have patience to do it 4 or 5 times if needed. Woodworking is a skill everyone should learn, along with basic plumbing, and electrical work.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying is almost certainly going to be cheaper, but hey, it's my hobby... I enjoy planing and building a system myself. Add in the satisfaction of knowing that your system is unique... it's a good thing.

FulTank.jpg

Now THAT is a nice tank! Have more pics?

UPDATE: Just read your build thread. Impressive build!

Last edited:

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 53 43.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 57 46.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back