ikea countertop between stand and tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dcal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
2,907
Location
CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Built a normal diy stand and was wondering if i could throw a large countertop on top of it to make a psedo barstool set up around the tank. I would still have the corners of the stand square with the corners of the tank, as well as foam under the tank. Would any issues come up?
 
I guess it all depends on how far the countertop hangs past the edge of the stand. Wouldn't take much to tilt the countertop with a little weight and tip the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new