OP
I

illumnae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here's the new scape! Hope it looks good enough... I've set up 2 tubs and will start cycling the rocks in salt water with Fritz and Prodibio bacteria for 2 weeks. I may also dose some TM Reef Mud Vital into the tubs to hopefully seed some additional micro fauna into the rocks.

OP
OP
I

illumnae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dip process is finally over and I really hope that nightmare is over. Rocks are now in but the tank is a mess as I haven't had the time to glue the corals in yet. It's a lot easier buying a few a week and gluing them in than 70ish colonies and frags at once. The colour coordination gives me a headache!

20180401_231138 by Yi Xiang Lye, on Flickr

OP
OP
I

illumnae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what the tank looks like now. Long way to go to colour everything up, but it's a start! I'm working on the next video that will hopefully be out soon :)

FTS by Yi Xiang Lye, on Flickr

OP
OP
I

illumnae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I took so long to put the video together. The clips in this video were all filmed on 17 April, about a week after I finished the dipping process, and barely a few days after I rescaped and glued the corals in place. I expected the SPS to be super ticked off from the rough dipping treatment and the new scape, but they seem contented!

OP
OP
I

illumnae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I took so long to put the video together. The clips in this video were all filmed on 17 April, about a week after I finished the dipping process, and barely a few days after I rescaped and glued the corals in place. I expected the SPS to be super ticked off from the rough dipping treatment and the new scape, but they seem contented!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back