IM 100 EXT Setup Question

Cody000125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All!

I recently got an IM 100 EXT and was curious how people are setting these up. I want to have it against a wall, but after setting up the plumbing is it safe to push it a couple feet into place? I was curious how others set theirs up or if they used any tools that make it easier to push/roll it into place. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there enough room to route and screw in the plumbing with it against the wall?
There was for me.

IMG_2549.jpeg

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll also add that if there wasn’t enough room that you needed to plumb then push it against the wall, what would you do if you had a leaking fitting? I don’t think I’d ever trust ANY stand sliding it with a few hundred pounds on top. Much easier to shim the stand for level, then place the tank on top and re-check. I think I slid my fittings up from inside the stand.

OP
OP
C

Cody000125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ll also add that if there wasn’t enough room that you needed to plumb then push it against the wall, what would you do if you had a leaking fitting? I don’t think I’d ever trust ANY stand sliding it with a few hundred pounds on top. Much easier to shim the stand for level, then place the tank on top and re-check. I think I slid my fittings up from inside the stand.
That's a good point. Appreciate the pictures! I'll remove the tank, get it setup against the wall and then do the plumbing.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have the IM100 EXT as well. I placed the stand at exactly 6 inches from the wall and afterwards placed the tank on top and finally shimmed the stand to get everything level. Once all that's done there's just about enough space to attach all the plumbing. Also 6 inches of space from the wall allows me to put a 50W UV steriliser on the floor space behind the stand.

If the plumbing was already assembled and attached to the tank, it's possible to move the tank and stand closer to the wall by another 0.5 inch. The distance of the stand from the wall will be just under 5.5inches. However that will make it hard or impossible to remove the return plumbing that is screwed onto the back wall of the tank.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    686.4 KB · Views: 8

sham_mi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad I found this, I was about to ask as I am getting the IM 100 EXT. I have to water test etc.. but I was thinking more along 10" from wall. Concerned that if I need to adjust anything it would be good to have space to reach behind. I think I might still add a little extra. 6" just seems tight.

Back