IM 25 Lagoon Lighting

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

Trying to decide on lighting for the IM 25 Lagoon. Initially, I was planning on a single xr15 blue. However, I've been reading going this route leads to some decent shadowing on the outer edges. Wondering if the xr30 blue would be better, but also don't want to go overboard. If the xr30 is worth it, I'd rather spend the money now, as opposed to adding a second light later. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

Trying to decide on lighting for the IM 25 Lagoon. Initially, I was planning on a single xr15 blue. However, I've been reading going this route leads to some decent shadowing on the outer edges. Wondering if the xr30 blue would be better, but also don't want to go overboard. If the xr30 is worth it, I'd rather spend the money now, as opposed to adding a second light later. Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Get a ReeFi Uno 2.0. Cost is about the same as a Radion but it’s a much more powerful light. I have one over my 22 Gallon cube. One light will easily cover the whole tank. And if you’re talking the xr30, it’s much less expensive.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another really solid option for this tank:

Reefbreeders photon 24. I've got close to 500 par at the top of my rocks. I have approximately 25% head space to go. I may be able to push this tank as high as 650-700 with that light. Dimensionally its perfect for the IM 25 lagoon. Tank is 24 wide and 19 deep. the light is 24 wide and appx 10 deep. It gives you 9 inches of leeway front to back. I shifted mine towards the back a bit. and have my light squarely centered on the rocks front to back. 12 inches off the water and there is fantastic blending as well.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 25 lagoon project, I am going to run a XR15. But it is going to be a frag tank so there will not be a lot of shadowing. On the other hand, on my IM40 (same footprint as IM 25) I am running two AI 26HD's and two Current USA 18" IC marine bars.

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReeFi UNO 2.0 over my 25g lagoon (mounted 10” high with 90 degree reflector installed). It lights the entire tank with minimal shadowing though my SPS are still but drags and small colonies.
A0E19F2E-FB77-4173-99AA-693B376CF8CB.jpeg

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reefbreeder 24" on my 25g Lagoon and it has more than enough power to grow anything. Im at 60% blues and about 16" off the water and it covers the whole tank very well. If I dropped the light and upped the power I could hit 700-800 PAR easy.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%

Back