IM 50 Lagoon Sump

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM 50 lagoon AIO that I'm thinking of sumping. I found a red sea reefer 350 v3 sump for sale and was wondering if this would be a good fit under the APS stand?
Also, what are some recommendations for an overflow box?

Screenshot_20210826-043458_Facebook.jpg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s an AIO, you already have an overflow, no? Just drill some holes near the bottom of the back wall and move the return pump to the sump.

Personally, however, I would always keep a nice AIO like that alone. Start saving for your next sump-tank.

Daniel Rosenwinkel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with JumboShrimp, there's no good reason to get a sump if you have an AIO. You're better off investing the money in other places.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason to sump IMO is if you want that extra 4 inches or so of aqua estate....

And 4 inches is a lot and worth it IMO.

You'd cut out the acrylic false back with an exacto knife, remove the black blackout on the sides, and then drill the back for an add on overflow. Pick your favorite add on overflow. Would be quite nice and the live stock would only need a short vacation in a holding tank properly set up...

boomr44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM 50 lagoon AIO that I'm thinking of sumping. I found a red sea reefer 350 v3 sump for sale and was wondering if this would be a good fit under the APS stand?
Also, what are some recommendations for an overflow box?

Screenshot_20210826-043458_Facebook.jpg
Did you ever end up fitting the 350 sump inside the 50 lagoon stand? I want the ext 50 but really don’t like the sumps everyone else is using. On dimension specs it says that this sump is .05 inches too big.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back