View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to anyone out these this is a warning

DO NOT TRUST THE REGULAR THROMOMITERS THAT ARE FILLED WITH LIQUID

MINE WAS OVER 10 DEGRESS OFF

Quick story

Sps bleach a few weeks ago everything else has brightened alot some sps died outright

The house got to 82 that day 1 day had been 40s didn't think of it have had same thromiter for 2 years always read 76 to 78

Well it read 82 that day everything went down hill real quick

Well iv been taking steps to prevent this installed fan installed chiller etc never want to lose coral again as I have not in the 2 years iv had this tank running

so ya iv got 5000 dollars in equipment on a 32 biocube I don't run any temp except the good old glass one as I figured they are always good right

Wrong

after adding the fan (ciller on order jbj nano) it driped by 4 degrees reading 72 I'm like Well crap that's cold hmmm

So I bought a few new digis and glass types put 5 in the tank to compare and my tanks been running at 86 to 88 this entire time and 92 killed holy cow that's way high

Anyway a word of caution

And to anyone else out there I'm sorry I never once thought the freaking manual temp gage iv had 2 years and been constant was the problem

My bad I really thought at 82 my tank was dieing

Glad iv got a ton of agitation

Now makes me question almost ever scientific report for accuracy

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to anyone out these this is a warning

DO NOT TRUST THE REGULAR THROMOMITERS THAT ARE FILLED WITH LIQUID

MINE WAS OVER 10 DEGRESS OFF

Quick story

Sps bleach a few weeks ago everything else has brightened alot some sps died outright

The house got to 82 that day 1 day had been 40s didn't think of it have had same thromiter for 2 years always read 76 to 78

Well it read 82 that day everything went down hill real quick

Well iv been taking steps to prevent this installed fan installed chiller etc never want to lose coral again as I have not in the 2 years iv had this tank running

so ya iv got 5000 dollars in equipment on a 32 biocube I don't run any temp except the good old glass one as I figured they are always good right

Wrong

after adding the fan (ciller on order jbj nano) it driped by 4 degrees reading 72 I'm like Well crap that's cold hmmm

So I bought a few new digis and glass types put 5 in the tank to compare and my tanks been running at 86 to 88 this entire time and 92 killed holy cow that's way high

Anyway a word of caution

And to anyone else out there I'm sorry I never once thought the freaking manual temp gage iv had 2 years and been constant was the problem

My bad I really thought at 82 my tank was dieing

Glad iv got a ton of agitation

Now makes me question almost ever scientific report for accuracy
the good ones will work, but a lot of them are very poorly made

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Always buy quality equipment, as made in China is not for me. I tend to buy TM product that is made in Germany.

OP
OP
Tankkeepers

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always buy quality equipment, as made in China is not for me. I tend to buy TM product that is made in Germany.
Problem is it is a quality aquarium thermometer so just because its not made in China does not mean a thing

TM made in Germany it is so

Always triple check equipment before use buying quality does not mean a thing

OP
OP
Tankkeepers

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 7 different probes/thermometers (yes, I have some trust issues).
This certainly did not help my trust issues

I already have an entire 2nd tank equipment everything in a box ready to go just in case

And I run 2 heaters 2 pumps now gotta figure out how to plumb 2 chillers lol

All in a 32 biocube it's alittle full in the back hehe still got room fo2 more probes 1 more pump and 5 dosing lines along with the line in and out for the chiller as I'm running a dedicated pump on a closed loop for that

OP
OP
Tankkeepers

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a turf scrubber small fuge uv light protien skimmer auto top off and filter floss

Still to install chiller and apex system with mastertronic and either Alkatronic ior trident
And gotta punch a hike in the side of the stand for the vent fan to remove heat and humidity

Most likely trident and Mastertronic that way master can do the rest that the trident does not

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its well known that rgb fan cools better, at least 5C better than plain fans....

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RGB fans?

2 80mm PC case fans is all I used. Just had a look at my old amazon orders.

They were 80MM not 20mm. sorry for that.
These are similar to the ones I used:

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NVM see now what RGB fans are....

No normal PC case fans. they are enclosed in my stand, what do I need color LED's for?

I honestly can't see how adding LED's to a case fan increases performance. Somethings are just a gimmick, and the masses buy into it.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna Checktemp 1 is my go to, with good success so far - little pinkie is enough to warn of troubles either way

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NVM see now what RGB fans are....

No normal PC case fans. they are enclosed in my stand, what do I need color LED's for?

I honestly can't see how adding LED's to a case fan increases performance. Somethings are just a gimmick, and the masses buy into it.
Pfft... Slap some Ique enabled Corsair QL 120mm or 140mm fans on there and you're golden. RGB increases power AND FPS

Back